Saggubiyyam/sabudana/sago: 1 cup
Sugar : 1 1/2 cup
Milk : 1 cup
Ghee : 3/4 cup
Red food colour : a pinch
Cashewnuts (for garnishing)
- Grind saggubiyyam into a smooth powder in a mixie.
- In a kadai boil milk.
- Now add sugar,saggubiyyam powder by stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
- Add ghee and food colour and mix continuously untli ghee leaves the sides and halwa get thickens.
- Remove from heat and spread the mixture on a greased plate.
- Let it cool down and cut it in desired shapes and garnish with cashews.