The recipe of flower kaja goes here:
Maida/Flour - 500gms
Ghee - 200 gms
Sugar - 300gms
Cooking soda - 1/2tsp
- Take sugar into a vessel. Add Water and make sugar syrup with sugar consistency.
- Add ilachi powder and keep it a side.
- Take maida in to a bowl
- Add cooking soda.
- Heat ghee and add it to maida.
- Add some water and make it to a smooth dough. this dough should be like the dough we make for chppathi.
- Divide into small portions.
- Make chappathi.
- Fold the chappathi to half.
- Again fold it to half to make a triangle.
- Now bring together the edges of the traingle and press in the middle to make the flower shape.
- Heat oil in a pan. The oil shouldn't be too hot.
- Now fry the prepared flowers on the low flame.Increase the flame when the kajas float.
- Fry till golden brown.
- Add these kajas in the sugar syrup and wait till they absorb the syrup. this may take for 10- 15 mins.
This recipe is going to
My Diwali Basket Event
Cook like a Celebrity Chef
Bon Vivant #10 - Festive Feast
Let’s Cook # 21 ~ Potluck
Second Event : Snacks
60 Days to Christmas Event
WTML- Celebration Event Announcement