Arati kayalu/ Raw bananas : 2
Tamarind pulp: lemon size
Red chilli powder: 2tsp(adjust)
Corrander seeds powder: 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds powder : 1/2 tsp
Garam masala : 1/8 tsp
Turmaric powder: a pinch
- Cut the raw bananas in to medium pieces and soak them in water.
- Grind the onions in to smooth paste.
- Extract juice from tamirind pulp and keep a side.
- Take a kadai and add 2 or 3 tbsp of oil and fry the onion paste on medium flame till oil leaves sides.
- Now add curry leaves, corraiander seeds powder, cumin seeds powder,garam masala ,turmeric powder, salt, chilli powder and saute for few minutes.
- Add raw bananas and saute for a 2 mins.
- Add water and let it cook.
- when bananas are half cooked,add tamirind juice and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- when it is done off the stove and garnish with corriander leaves.
- serve it with rice.
- Tamirind juice should be added when raw bananas are half cooked.if u add it before they may not cook properly.
- Use raw onions to make paste instead of fried onions for good taste.