Urad dal : 2 cups
Rice flour : 1 tbsp
Coconut pieces : 4 or 5 pieces
Green chillies : 3 or 4
Ginger : small piece
Garlic : 3 or 4 cloves
Baking soda :a pinch
Oil ( for deep frying)
- Soak urad dal for 2 hours in water.
- Grind chillies, ginger, garlic to a smooth paste.
- Add salt, coconut pieces and chilli paste to urad dal and grind nicely to a tight paste without adding water.
- Add rice flour to this batter and mix well.
- Heat oil in a kadai until smoke comes out
- Drop balls of the batter and deep fry till it becomes golden brown
serve hot with coconut chutney.