Gongura leaves : 2 cups
Chicken :1/2 kg
Onions(Grind to paste) : 1cup
Ginger-garlic paste : 11/2tsp
Garam masala : 1/2 tsp
Corianderseeds powder : 1tsp
Cuminseeds powder : 1tsp
Chilli powder : 2 tsp
Green chillies : 2 or 3
Turmeric powder : 1/2tsp
Oil : 2 tbsp
- Wash gongura leaves and remove stems.
- Chop it and cook in water with green chillies.
- Grind it to rough paste and keep a side.
- Add turmeric, chilli powder and salt to chicken and marinate for 15 min.
- Heat oil in a kadai ,add onion paste and fry for 15 min on medium flame.
- When oil is leaving sides, add ginger garlic paste and saute for 5 min.
- Then add chilli powder, salt, corianderseeds powder, cuminseeds powder, garam masala, marinated chicken, 1 cup water and cook for 15 min.
- Add gongura paste and cook on medium flame until chicken becomes tender.
- Serve hot with rice.