Prawns : 1/2 kg
Coconut pieces : one cup
Onions : 4
Ginger: 1/2 inch
Garlic : 1 pod
Green chillies : 4 (Slit)
Bay leaves : 3
Cinnamon stick: 1/2 inch piece
Cloves :4 or 5
Corriander seeds powder : 1 tsp
Cumin seeds powder : 1 tsp
Turmeric powder :1/2tsp
- To extract coconut milk grind coconut,then add water and squeeze. Strain through a muslin cloth.
- Clean the prawns and remove heads.
- Apply turmeric powder, salt to prawns and cook for 10 min with out adding water and keep aside.
- Grind cardamoms,cinnamon stick,cloves to a fine powder to make garam masala
- Grind onion to paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion paste and fry until oil leaves sides.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 5 min.
- Then add salt,chilli powder,turmeric, corrianderseeds powder, cuminseeds powder, garam masala,bay leaves and saute for 2 min.
- Add prawns and mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water and cook for 5 min.
- Then add coconut milk. Close the lid and cook for 15 minutes.
- Once done garnish with corriander leaves.
- Enjoy this dish with Rice or biryani.